Friday, September 17, 2010
A realization.
On this day, I realize how time passes so fast that even I couldn't understand why it does. I've been staying with my Grandma, that is my dad's mum, for almost a week now, because my uncle Ben and family went to KL for holidays. Grandma couldn't follow cause' she couldn't handle all the walking and playing like last time. Grandma is getting older now, she could barely walk without holding on to something, I always thought it was just last week she joke around with us, cook her best homemade dishes for us, followed us to everywhere we go for fun and also for holidays, came to think about it, it was years ago. It's been long since I spend so much days with her, I feel guilty, caught up with all my school works and stuff, I couldn't visit her often. Grandma is the best when it co
mes to story, she told me many of her childhood stories, how the Japanese took over, how she is married to my grandad. How my dad was when he was still a little boy, now my grandma is almost 80 now, and my dad is 54 now. It's amazing how time goes when you are all caught up with things in life, work, school work, Friends, and everything you can have in life. Grandma felt the best when all her grandchildren visits her and have a big dinner. I remember like it was just yesterday, everyone of my cousins, aunties and uncles would all gathered together, barbecue or just a simple feast. More than ten of my cousins would be together, aged from 4 to 20, including my nephews. It was so noisy where they all running around in the house making all the noise. It was so much of a fun. People asked me, how can you handle all the screaming and little kids playing and running around with you, wanting a back ride, and without getting tired.? I smile and I just tell them, see how happy they are.? At that time, I have this thought, don't you think that the best time of life is when you're small and every little things can like, come and go. It's like, there's this two kid fighting for one toy, and that the other have it, and he doesn't want to friend him anymore because he have what he wants, but then after a few minutes, you see them playing together with the toy and was laughing and making up stories again. You have the best of time in childhood, and so, after childhood, you still can have the best of time in the memories of their childhood. I have no idea if they're all going to remember me when they get older, but I only knew that I have fun with them, and that I ever have them in life. Cousins are like the closest friends than friends you'll ever had. But came to think about it, it's been so long we haven't had all this time again, I got caught up with school work, some of my cousins are getting older, same goes for them, also, they are all caught up with exams, school works and friends. Little did they came to visit grandma, I realized that Grandma is getting older and older and that she feels lonely at times. I wish I could pull a little more time for her, would love to visit her once or twice or even three times a week. I pray for my Lord, I need my Lord to be with her all the time, catch her when she falls, heal her when she feels bad, love her like that way You love me. Bless her with all the blessing that You've given me, and that she could live a happy life. No worries for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I almost cried when I read this. Now got this guilty feeling inside of me...
ReplyDelete